Someone is sending me emails with my email address. What can I do to stop this from happening?

Anonymous
2023-07-28T18:11:19+00:00

Someone is sending me emails with my email address. What can I do to stop this from happening?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

4 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-29T15:46:40+00:00

    Dear Linda_2905,if even after changing the password the emails continue, post here again and we will try to take other measures.

    Thank you and have a great weekend!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2023-07-29T02:59:33+00:00

    You can't stop that from happening. The From address in reality has nothing to do with who sent the message and any address at all can be used. The spammer is simply using your own address for the From address.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-28T19:33:52+00:00

    Hi Luiz, it is the exact same email address. I am getting emails sent from "me" to "me" with the exact same email address. I am changing my email password. My microsoft account has a different password. Anything else I can do? Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-28T18:44:37+00:00

    Hello Linda_2905,my name is Luiz Cruz independent consultant and I'm here to help you.

    Is it the exact same email or an email similar to yours?

    If they are sending emails from the same address as your email, I suggest you try to reset your email password.

    Is it the same email as your Microsoft account?

    See you soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments