unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) keeps popping up and leaving like every 10 seconds when i have nothing plugged in.

Anonymous
2023-05-02T02:14:44+00:00

i see all of my devices that i have plugged in then there is this other device that keeps coming and going but nothing else is getting plugged in. every 5 seconds i hear the ding like i just put in a usb then 3 seconds later i hear the ding like i just removed it. very annoying

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

5 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-21T15:30:11+00:00

    Hi! I'm Laurice, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you're having this problem. I will try my best to help you.

    Try uninstalling the USB Driver in Device Manager:

    1. Press the Windows + R keys and type in “devmgmt.msc”, then hit the OK button. This is will launch the Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers section, then select the Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) from the list.
    3. Right-click on the selected USB device and choose Uninstall.
    4. After uninstalling, restart your PC. It will reinstall the USB drivers correctly.

    Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

    I have the same problem

    I tried this but i didn't work

    Can you help me ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-02T02:58:04+00:00

    Hi! I'm Laurice, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you're having this problem. I will try my best to help you.

    Try uninstalling the USB Driver in Device Manager:

    1. Press the Windows + R keys and type in “devmgmt.msc”, then hit the OK button. This is will launch the Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers section, then select the Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) from the list.
    3. Right-click on the selected USB device and choose Uninstall.
    4. After uninstalling, restart your PC. It will reinstall the USB drivers correctly.

    Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-18T02:02:39+00:00

    Hello Laurice, Im having the same issue. I will try and let you know!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more