I bought a new laptop this week, however I am hit with "Video_dxgkrnl_Fatal_Error" whenever it attempts to use the Nvidia 3050 GPU

Anonymous
2023-01-21T19:37:50+00:00

Hello,

I bought my laptop this week (received Tuesday 17th on January) and had 0 issues with it at first.

However, this weekend I tried to play some games on the laptop (Football Manager 2023), which is a very low intensity game, and it caused a BSOD stating a "Video_dxgkrnl_Fatal_Error" before rebooting. Upon further investigation, this error persists any time I try to use the 3050. On and off charger, etc.

I have installed the latest Nvidia graphics drivers as suggested by most Google articles and it has not fixed anything, the error only occurs when I attempt to run anything on the 3050. I have tested playing Football Manager on the Intel Iris display adapter option and it ran fine without crashing.

The laptop is new, this week, I have installed all updates as required by Windows and the only other change I've made is installing the latest Nvidia graphics card driver. Can provide more information as instructed (please include instructions!), so any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

9 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DYARI BARHAM 37,841 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-21T21:23:53+00:00

    As expected, the minidump file indicates nvlddmkm.sys file as a cause of the BSOD which is related to the Nvidia Graphics card driver.

    To troubleshoot the issue, kindly try the steps below and skip a step that you have already tried:

    Uninstall the Nvidia graphics card driver completely using this DDU free utility, then download/install the latest graphics card driver or a driver that is compatible with your computer from the manufacturer's official website:

    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dr...

    If it did not help, install an older version of the graphics card driver. Sometimes, older versions work more smoothly rather than the latest ones.

    Or, you can download GeForce Experience to keep your drivers up to date:

    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-ex...

    If you are overclocking your PC, try running everything (CPU, GPU, system memory) at their stock speeds. See if the issue is still reproducible. Turn off XMP profile or set it to Auto.

    If your computer still encounters BSOD, test the RAM with the free utility MemTest86, then run a full 8 pass scan to test your RAM for physical errors:

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14201-memte...

    Please do not hesitate to ask if you need further assistance.

    Stay safe.

    ____________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DYARI BARHAM 37,841 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-21T21:19:09+00:00

    Accept my apology. I have analyzed the wrong minidump files. It was for someone else. I am going to analyze your minidump files in a bit. Sorry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DYARI BARHAM 37,841 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-21T21:11:09+00:00

    Thanks for sharing the minidump file.

    The minidump file indicates nipcibrd.sys as a cause of the BSOD which is related to the LabVIEW software.

    If you have installed the mentioned software or any software that is related to the National Instruments, please check for updates or uninstall/reinstall it to see if your computer would be stable or not.

    Please do not hesitate to ask if you need further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-21T21:02:06+00:00

    Hi Adam,

    I'm Dyari. Thanks for reaching out. I will be happy to assist you in this regard.

    Kindly check C:\Windows\Minidump and copy available minidump files to the desktop then share them via One Drive or Google Drive in order to be analyzed and indicate which file is causing the crash.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Also, check C:\Windows and share the MEMORY.DMP file.

    If the folder is empty or the MEMORY.DMP is not available, kindly share the Event viewer logs:
    https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/12/how-to...

    Regards,

    ____________________________________________________________
    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Hello Dyari,

    Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, the link to the crash dumps should be below assuming I set it up correctly.

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmadkXR5okkpg-AUPueIv1vUb9o6Fw

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DYARI BARHAM 37,841 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-21T20:41:02+00:00

    Hi Adam,

    I'm Dyari. Thanks for reaching out. I will be happy to assist you in this regard.

    Kindly check C:\Windows\Minidump and copy available minidump files to the desktop then share them via One Drive or Google Drive in order to be analyzed and indicate which file is causing the crash.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Also, check C:\Windows and share the MEMORY.DMP file.

    If the folder is empty or the MEMORY.DMP is not available, kindly share the Event viewer logs:

    https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/12/how-to...

    Regards,

    ____________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments