I will try to provide as much information as I can to describe the situation.
We have newly configured Autopilot, have a hybrid AD environment configured with MECM and have configured all existing devices to enroll into autopilot so we can start to eliminate the need to image/re-image our Windows workstations. We have also configured the Enrollment Status Page.
For the ESP, we have set the option to "Yes" for not displaying the ESP for devices that did not go through the OOBE. The problem we're having is that all Windows machines are still showing the ESP to every subsequent user on a computer. We have tried a variety of options, most of which have no affect at all, and don't appear to be updating on the workstations even after a forced sync.
We have also tried setting a manual OMRI to SkipUserStatusPage, but when deployed to all Windows workstations, the configuration policy shows "Not applicable" for all 1000 computers.
I had a hunch that the issue is that most of these machines, which were existing, have never been through the OOBE so they will show the ESP once, but that isn't the case, it is still shown for each new user. We're at a complete loss as to what is going on and why these computers are not honoring the settings to skip this page.
Are there any other suggestions on how to fix the ESP issue? Is there a script or local commands we can run through MECM to fix existing machines to eliminate the ESP? Any ideas as to why the OMRI is showing not applicable even though we scoped it to all Windows workstations?
Glad to see we aren't crazy. We are the same scenario: Hybrid AD, managed by ConfigMgr, we have our hardware vendors register devices to our AutoPilot service but we don't actively use AutoPilot yet. We image our machines from ConfigMgr. I've had our ESP configured similar to yours for months, if not years at this point, and it was just recently that we began getting feedback from our support teams that machines are displaying the ESP when new users log in. I have now turned off both of our ESP configs to see if that "fixes" it. I'm thinking something has changed on the back end at Microsoft that is causing this behavior, was searching for any kind of change logs when I happened upon this thread.