Converting Publisher files to a Word document

Anonymous
2011-05-04T16:16:38+00:00

Firstly I've searched here so apologies if I've overlooked the answer if its been asked before.

What I'm attempting to do is to convert a Publisher 2010 file to a Word 2010 document. Whenever I attempt this I lose all the images and the text formatting just ending up with unformated text. Is there anyway to retain the formatting and images within the document when converting to Word?

I require this so I can send it to a friend who hasn't got Publisher but has Word. I've previously sent the Publisher document converted to a PDF but without any facilities to edit this it can only be read. So what I need is to convert it to the Word format.

Is this possible and, if so, how do I go about this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-05T09:33:06+00:00

When you try to save the Publisher file in Word format the formatting in Publisher would change by default there is no option to stop the change of formatting when saving the Publisher file in Word format.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful