Charged for microsoft family and microsoft personal, but only one on my account- no one to speak at microsoft- I need help please

Anonymous
2025-05-20T02:39:19+00:00

I have been using microsoft office 365 family and had messages come up on excell saying it was going to be cancelled, so I bought a new one, but only bought 365 personal. A few weeks after buying that I had an email saying my 365 family would autorenew. So I go into my account and there is no 365 family on my account (never has been, according to my account), only 365 personal (which I had just bought). So I couldn't cancel the family one as I couldn't see it to delete it. So I removed my credit card details from that account, but the family one autorenewed today anyway from my credit card. I've spoken to the bank, but because it's still in pending they said there's nothing they can do at this stage. I only have one email account. I got through on a phone number to a bot but that couldn't help me because whenever I sign in to my account that specific 365 office family isn't there (but as I say, I've been charged for it).

It is possible the family one was started by my husband when he had a yahoo email, that he can no longer log into. But if this was the case, why am I getting the email? If you are on a family office one, do all parties get notification via email that it's about to expire?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

4 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-11T19:46:21+00:00

    I DID ALL THAT IN 3MONTHS AND STILL THEY CAN'T SEE THE EVIDENCE.

    SEE : Sorry, something went wrong

    An unexpected error has occurred.

    Technical Details

    Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

    Correlation ID: 94b2a4a1-d079-9000-3578-b8b4bea187cf

    Date and Time: 6/3/2025 8:29:17 PM

    Access Denied

    ******@outlook.com does not have permissions to access this resource.

    Here are a few ideas:

    Please ask the site admin to give you access.

    If you have a different account, try signing in with that account.

    This will sign you out of all other Office 365 services that you're signed into at this time.

    If this problem persists, contact your support team and include these technical details:

    Correlation ID: b8b2a4a1-5018-9000-3578-b6f60f4b1191

    Date and Time: 6/3/2025 8:31:43 PM

    User: ******@outlook.com

    Issue Type: User does not hav

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-26T16:02:43+00:00

    Hi   Donna _787,

    This my 2nd follow-up regarding your issue on this post. We would like to know if the issue you have raised to us is still on-going. If yes, please reply to the thread so we can continue troubleshooting your concern.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-22T22:49:00+00:00

    Hi Donna _787,

    We have noticed that you have not replied to our last response. We would like to know if the issue you have raised to us is still on-going. If yes, please reply to the thread so we can continue troubleshooting your concern. 

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-20T14:35:36+00:00

    Hi Donna _787,

    Thank you for posting here in Community.

    I totally understand how frustrating this situation must be—being charged for something you can't even see in your account is incredibly inconvenient. You've done all the right things: checking your account, attempting to remove your payment details, and even contacting your bank, only to hit dead ends. That’s definitely frustrating, especially when the subscription renews despite your efforts to prevent it.

    It sounds like the Microsoft 365 Family subscription might be tied to an account that is different from the one you're currently signed into—potentially your husband's old Yahoo email. In this case, even if he can’t log in anymore, the subscription may still be active under that account, and since you're a member of the family plan, you might be receiving renewal emails as part of the shared membership.

    1. Confirm the Account – Try checking your subscription status via Microsoft’s official Services & Subscriptions page while ensuring you’re logged into the correct email account. If your husband started the subscription, see if he can recover access to his Yahoo email or check any old Microsoft accounts that might be associated.
    2. Check for Shared Family Plans – If you were added to a family subscription, check if your Microsoft profile is linked to another account. You can review family memberships in Microsoft Family Safety.
    3. Contact Microsoft Support Directly – Since you’re unable to cancel the subscription yourself, you’ll need to reach Microsoft’s billing support directly. Try:
      • Using the official Microsoft Support contact page.
      • Selecting "Billing & Subscription" support options, which may provide live chat or call-back assistance.
      • If you are met with automated responses, insist on speaking with a live agent.
    4. Request a Refund – If the charge was unauthorized or made under an account you can’t access, you may be eligible for a refund. Submit a request through Microsoft's Refund Request portal.
    5. Monitor Your Bank Transactions – Since the charge is pending, your bank might be able to dispute it once it fully processes. Keep an eye on it and reach out again once the charge clears.

    If you were once part of a shared Microsoft Family subscription, renewal notices might go to all registered users, even if you’re not the primary account holder. That could explain why you’re receiving the emails.

    I know dealing with billing issues like this can be an exhausting process, but you’re definitely taking the right steps. If Microsoft support gives you trouble, try asking for escalation to a supervisor. Let me know if I can help clarify anything further!

    Best regards,

    Bo | Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments