Global Admin MFA Lockout

Adalberto Oliveira Neto 0 Reputation points
2026-09-27T23:20:38.2366667+00:00

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue. I am the only Global Administrator of my company's Microsoft 365 tenant, and I have lost access to the MFA/Microsoft Authenticator method associated with the administrator account.

There is no other Global Administrator in the tenant who can reset my authentication methods or restore my access.

I understand that this is a tenant lockout scenario and that the Microsoft Data Protection Team may need to be engaged through a support ticket.

I have been unable to open the appropriate support request through the usual channels. Could a Microsoft moderator please assist me with creating or escalating a support ticket to the Data Protection Team so that I can complete the required ownership verification and restore administrative access to the tenant?

Thank you for your assistance.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. João Constantino 391 Reputation points
    2026-09-28T00:22:56.09+00:00

    Hello,

    As this is a tenant lockout scenario and there are no other Global Administrators available, i don't think the members here in Microsoft Q&A community can help you restore access or escalate directly to the Data Protection Team.

    You'll need to contact Microsoft Support and request an account recovery process for tenant ownership verification.

    If your organization works with a Microsoft Partner and has an active GDAP relationship, I also recommend contacting your partner, as they may be able to reset your access or assist with opening a support request and guiding the recovery process.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.