Copilot shared conversation missing after moving to new CoPilot

Sandra 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T08:37:33.9133333+00:00

Hello,

I am unable to access a shared Copilot conversation that I created and shared to my own Microsoft account.

Details:

  • The conversation was created around February 2026.
  • I successfully accessed the shared conversation link via Hotmail account as recently as last week on both my iPhone 17 Pro Max and desktop browser. I still have the link.
  • After moving to the new Copilot experience within the last few days, the shared conversation no longer appear in my chat history.
  • When I open the original shared conversation link, Copilot does not open the conversation and instead opens a new blank chat that says "Hi, what can I help you with?"

It seems to be a migration, synchronization, or shared-link issue after moving to the new CoPilot.

Could you please investigate whether the shared conversation is still attached to my account and whether it can be restored or made accessible again?

Thank you.

Microsoft Copilot | Windows Copilot | App
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Haytham-C 5,550 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-29T20:00:26.2433333+00:00

    Hello Sandra

    Thank you for reaching out and informed us about the situation with Copilot. I understand that the shared chat is missing and you can no longer able to access it anymore, before we proceed may I ask?

    • Which subscription do you currently have? (Microsoft 365 Personal, Family,..)
    • Is your account a personal or a work/school account?

    In case you're using a personal account with a Personal subscription, please try this step to access Copilot history:

    • Go to account.microsoft.com/privacy/copilot and click Export all activity history on each version of Copilot showing on the menu, then the chat history will be export to a CSV file and you should be able to view your shared conversation.

    At the moment there are no official statement from Microsoft about this issue but there are many other users who reported that they are experiencing the same issue as you are. If you're still unable to check the shared conversation, please reach out to Microsoft Support directly since as a Moderator we do not have any tools or access to Copilot directly to view, modify or recover any chats or history on other user's session. If you are using a personal account, please follow:

    • Go to Contact Us - Microsoft Support 
    • Select Copilot
    • Click Get Home Support
    • Type a brief description of your issue in the search box.
    • Click Get Help and select Contact Support below. 
    • Go to the Products and services tab and choose the appropriate product.
    • On the Category tab, choose the appropriate category or an alternative option.
    • Go to Confirm. Look for and select "Chat with a support agent in your web browser" (during business hours) if available. Explain your situation clearly.

    I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.