hacking my email

Mohammed Lubbad 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T12:57:27.1166667+00:00

I need help recovering my Microsoft account after an account compromise.

The security information associated with my account was changed without my authorization. I also discovered an unknown email address associated with the security/recovery process:

******@hotmail.fun

This address does not belong to me, and I did not create or authorize it.

There is another important issue with my recovery options. I previously used a university account as part of my Microsoft account/security setup. I am no longer a student, so I no longer have access to that university account. Therefore, I cannot receive security codes or complete verification through that old university address.

I have tried the automated Microsoft recovery procedures many times, but I am still unable to regain full control of my account.

I am the legitimate owner and can provide evidence of ownership, including previous passwords, historical account information, Microsoft purchases/payment records, previously used computers and devices, and other information required for verification.

Please treat this as a compromised-account/account-takeover case rather than a forgotten-password case.

I need assistance with:

  1. Reviewing the unauthorized security-information changes.
  2. Investigating/removing the unknown security address ******@hotmail.fun.
  3. Providing an alternative identity-verification method because I no longer have access to my former university account.
  4. Restoring access to my Microsoft account and allowing me to secure it with my current contact information.

Thank you.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. paulr0511 48,640 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-29T14:17:16.4233333+00:00

    Hello and good day. Sorry to know about this and I understand that you have encountered an account related issue.

    Please take note that a compromised account is a complex scenario and once the email and phone number has been changed to a different one then it is at the point that it is unrecoverable (even if 2FA is enabled) and Microsoft Support will not be able to help either.

    For this you can go over to this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2196140 and most likely it will be followed by doing the account recovery form which is an automated process that you will need to enter every bit of information that you can remember on the account (if this is unsuccessful, the account cannot be recovered) and you can check out the links below for reference.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/help-with-the-microsoft-account-recovery-form-b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/your-microsoft-account-recovery-request-wasn-t-granted-dc56c3e3-dff0-4ed5-8edb-60290eea6b53

    Please take note that if 2FA is enabled on your account, ACSR will inform you that your recovery request will be ignored and you will only receive a message that the recovery request is either successful or it will indicate that it has insufficient information and this means that 2FA is disabled. You may keep on trying as many times as you want which is up to two times per day.

    Please take note as well that Microsoft Support will not be able to assist with doing manual recovery, unblocking, and escalation as support agents and advocates are not allowed to send password reset links or access and change account details.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.