Outlook / Hotmail issues

Tammy Campbell 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T17:40:34.73+00:00

Hi

I can't seem to get my log into my hotmail account on my Iphone. I can't check my emails. This started a few weeks ago where I have tried to login and retrieve emails.

I have tried everything. I did the online support, I went to BestBuy for help (not luck), I have watched videos on how to get back in with NO luck.

I have tried to recover my email but still will not accept my password. Tried to change it as well but it will not accept change. I have used my partners email as my recovery email but she doesn't get the emails as well.

Can someone please provide me with a way to get back into my emails?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ian-T 12,830 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-30T02:22:46.3933333+00:00

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors cannot access accounts or Microsoft’s back-end systems. We can only provide technical guidance on reported incidents, requests and ideas 


    Hi @Tammy Campbell

    I’m sorry you’ve been unable to access your Hotmail account despite trying several recovery steps.

    First, please open Safari on the iPhone and try signing in directly at Outlook.com. This will help determine whether the problem is with the Microsoft account itself or only with the iPhone Mail/Outlook app.

    If the password is still rejected in Safari, use the Microsoft Sign-in Helper. It can check whether the account is locked or whether there is another sign-in problem.

    If you are not receiving the verification message at your partner’s email address, please check the Junk/Spam folder and confirm that the partially displayed recovery address on the verification screen is actually your partner’s address. If you no longer have access to the verification options offered, follow the recovery route provided by the Sign-in Helper. Microsoft support and forum contributors cannot manually reset the password, send recovery codes, or bypass the account verification process.

    Once you can successfully sign in through Safari, remove the Hotmail account from iPhone Settings > Apps > Mail > Mail Accounts, restart the iPhone, and then add it again as an Outlook.com account using the newly confirmed password.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.