A Microsoft app for iOS and Android devices that enables authentication with two-factor verification, phone sign-in, and code generation
Authenticator App Loses Phone Setup
Hello.
Recently, my cell phone, running Android version 16, and using MS Auth App v6.2609.6214 for multi-factor authentication, lost the functionality to approve two-digit codes. If a code is sent to the app, I choose the correct code, then my phone asks for a fingerprint to confirm, but then I get a message that my phone is no longer set up. It will then send me to a prompt, where it wants to send a code to confirm...which essentially becomes a loop. Instead, I have to use my account password, and then confirm a 5-letter request from the Authenticator.
Previously, this happened before, and I was able to restore the set-up with the password. However, even when I complete the set-up, and the app says the setup was successful, if I try to confirm a 2-digit code, it immediately loses the phone setup.
Also note that I use the Authenticator app for my work account, and I have had no issues confirming codes for that account.
How can this be restored? Please let me know if you need more information.