missing document folder

James Annis 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T23:30:32.2133333+00:00

After deleting all of my cloud files I realized the documents folder is now missing and I'm not able to create one except under the download folder or main Drive. I tried to do the command prompt but it disappeared when i tried to copy and paste the second command strand.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T00:18:58.6566667+00:00

    Hi, good day!

    Here are some of the things you can try

    If you were able to create the Documents folder, right-click it and select Properties.

    Select Location tab, click Restore Default

    Click Ok

    Restart your computer

    If this does not work, please check and try Shawn Brink's tutorial guide in the link below on How to Restore Default Location of Downloads Folder using BAT file.

    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/move-or-restore-default-location-of-documents-folder-in-windows-11.8708/

    I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment" below.


    Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.