Authenticator app log in

THULANI KHOZA 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T21:37:01.4533333+00:00

I cant log in to my authenticator app beacuae it requires I verify a code on the authenticator app but I can't since im trying to log in the authenticator app

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Bruce (SqlWork.com) 85,456 Reputation points
    2026-10-07T00:46:35.51+00:00

    When you install authenticator on a new device, it must be authorized for each account first, before it can be used. You typically authorize via alternative authentication (say the old device). If you do not have an alternative method then you will need to do an account reset (forgot password flow) for each account.

    in the case of a Microsoft account you need to do the automated reset flow, which requires you to prove your identity. After identity approval there is a waiting period before reset. Due to security no Microsoft employee has access to your account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.