language problem

peter burrows 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T09:20:41.67+00:00

my outlook box headings like inbbox,delete,junk etc are in an unknown language where as my e-mails are in English

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T09:57:35.08+00:00

    Hi,

    I will walk through a few steps with you. Some of these are just to help figure out what is wrong, not to fix it right away. So if nothing changes after a step, that is normal. I will keep going until we solve it.

    Was your account hacked sometime back?

    Please go to https://outlook.live.com/mail/options/general/timeAndLanguage page. A language change option will appear as indicated in the arrow.User's image

    I hope this information helps. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.