Microsoft Account hacked, alias changed

Zahir Tan 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T08:58:05.7233333+00:00

I play Minecraft. When trying to join Donutsmp, i typed "donutsmp.gg" instead of "donutsmp.net". At the time, I did not realise this was wrong. I was prompted to enter my account email in a dialog box, which i proceeded to do. Then, I realised I had joined the wrong server and left. At this point, I received an email from microsoft saying "Thunderbird" had access to my account. I did not recall signing in to Mozilla Thunderbird so I tried to block access, but when I attempted to login it said my account didnt exist. I checked and double checked but i had not misspelled. I tried to use the Contact page's Microsoft Account Sign-in Helper which led me to xbox Recover your Microsoft account form. After filling this in, I was sent an email of account escalation request which told me to fill in an Account Recovery form. However this requires my email, which the hackers changed, so I am at a loss. Please help I want to play Minecraft.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hornblower409 16,555 Reputation points
    2026-10-10T07:10:30.5966667+00:00

    @Zahir Tan said

    xbox Recover your Microsoft account form. After filling this in, I was sent an email of account escalation request which told me to fill in an Account Recovery form. However this requires my email, which the hackers changed,

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/5849581/recovery-of-hacked-account

    Use the email address that was hacked and an alternate contact email that you do have access to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.