The Aspire starter tutorial creates a problem

Rod Falanga 1,176 Reputation points
2026-10-09T20:55:48.3533333+00:00

I am trying to learn how to use Aspire. I'm in Visual Studio Code, following along in a getting started video. I did what the tutorial told me to do, nothing else. Then when I got to the point of trying to run or debug it, I found there are now 2 instances of VS Code running, one showing me aspire-starter.AppHost.csproj and the other showing me the Welcome screen,, but both pointing to different folders. Very confusing!!! Why would it do that??

Going back to the one with aspire-starter.AppHost.csproj, here are the errors it has:

[{ "resource": "/C:/Users/rodf/.nuget/packages/aspire.hosting.apphost/13.4.6/build/Aspire.Hosting.AppHost.targets", "owner": "DesignTimeBuild", "code": "ASPIRE009", "severity": 8, "message": "aspire-starter.AppHost is configured with AspireUseCliBundle=true, but the Aspire CLI bundle could not be resolved. Install the Aspire CLI from https://get.aspire.dev and ensure the aspire command is available on PATH, or set AspireCliBundlePath/AspireCliPath to a valid Aspire CLI installation or bundle layout.", "source": "aspire-starter.AppHost.csproj", "startLineNumber": 1, "startColumn": 1, "endLineNumber": 209, "endColumn": 6, "origin": "extHost1" },{ "resource": "/C:/Users/rodf/Downloads/aspire-starter/aspire-starter.AppHost/aspire-starter.AppHost.csproj", "owner": "NuGet", "code": "MSB4240", "severity": 4, "message": "Multiple versions of the same SDK "Aspire.AppHost.Sdk" cannot be specified. The previously resolved SDK version "13.4.6" from location "C:\Pluralsight\Automation Testing Strategies with ASP.NET Core 10\01\demos\begin\CarvedRock.AppHost\CarvedRock.AppHost.csproj" will be used and the version "13.6.1" will be ignored.", "source": "NuGet", "startLineNumber": 1, "startColumn": 1, "endLineNumber": 1, "endColumn": 1, "modelVersionId": 1, "origin": "extHost1" }]

So, doing nothing more than following the instructions I get immediate errors. This makes learning how to use Aspire very difficult, when it causes errors to follow instructions.

I need help, please.

Developer technologies | Visual Studio | Other
Developer technologies | Visual Studio | Other

A family of Microsoft suites of integrated development tools for building applications for Windows, the web, mobile devices and many other platforms. Miscellaneous topics that do not fit into specific categories.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.