Microsoft 365 Copilot Chat (Basic) Notebook UI doesn't accept prompts

DanielPeters-7127 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T15:58:30.0233333+00:00

I am using a university business 365 account as a university student, which comes with 365 Copilot Chat (Basic)

When I create a Copilot Notebook with references (e.g. module briefs, readings etc...), the notebook UI does not accept a prompt it just says "Sorry, I wasn't able to respond to that. Is there something else I can help with?". However, if I then open that chat in the main chat UI and either press retry or send a new prompt, it works just fine and can read the references etc...

This happens in the web and desktop versions.

Why is this? Its not detrimental as I can just use the main chat UI but it would be nice to be able to work within notebooks.

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.