Sending, receiving, and organizing email in Outlook.com
I have already completed # 1
#2 helped identify some issues but the companies that I am trying to contact do not have live customer service, they are strictly through email.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My email was hacked and I am going through emails noticing that multiple accounts were created using my email address. I am TRYING to contact these companies to inform them of the issue and to close any accounts related to my email and POSTMASTER KEEPS BLOCKING MY EMAILS!!! How am I supposed to resolve this issue if you continue the stop my emails?
Sending, receiving, and organizing email in Outlook.com
I have already completed # 1
#2 helped identify some issues but the companies that I am trying to contact do not have live customer service, they are strictly through email.
AI answer
Secure the compromised Outlook.com account first, then use the diagnostic text in each Postmaster message to determine whether Outlook.com temporarily restricted the account or the recipient company rejected the email.
Because unauthorized access is confirmed, perform these steps in order:
Do not delete the Outlook.com address or alias merely because it was compromised. Deleting a Microsoft-domain alias can be permanent.
Open one failed-delivery message and scroll to Diagnostic information for administrators. A legitimate Postmaster response normally means that one or more recipients could not receive the message; the detailed error identifies where it failed.^3^
Use the matching branch:
Retype each recipient’s complete address instead of selecting an old Auto-Complete entry. Do not repeatedly resend the same rejected message, because repeated attempts can worsen rate or reputation restrictions.
For accounts fraudulently created in your name, use each company’s official account security, fraud, or privacy contact form or published telephone number. State that:
Keep the original registration notices and Postmaster reports as evidence. Do not click account-management links in unexpected messages; navigate to each company’s official website independently.
If the diagnostic says the Outlook.com account remains blocked after completing the security-code process, select Help in Outlook.com, enter the error, then choose Still need help? → Yes to request Outlook.com support.^4^
References