Hello, I'm setting a Lab environment in azure for testing RDS .
Here is my setup with servers and roles:
- DC-01 = Domain Controller, AD FS
- RDS-VDI = RDS Web and RDS Connection Broker
- RDS-VH = RDS Virtualization Host (Allowing Nested Hyper-V)
- WAP-01 = Web Application Proxies.
I have a VNET with two subnets:
- DMZ (10.3.1.0/24) - WAP is ihere
- Internal (10.3.0.0/24) - Other servers are here
My goal is to setup a RDS (VM based) where I can stream the nested VMs (created in RDS-VH) to outside world.
I'm having the following issues with Nested VMs.
- I'm unable to enable MacSpoofing for RDS-VH as I don't have access to the physical machine that hosts RDS-VH (can I raise a ticket to do this)
- When I create an internal switch and allocate different IP Range (for e.g. 192.168.100.x), I can't have nested vms join the domain as they don't see it.
- I create an external switch, and azure will not even allocate an IP for the nested VM
How can I overcome these challenges and get to a successful deployment?