To build a new Exchange 2013 edge transport server, please first run the following command in Exchange Management Shell to remove the Edge Subscription from mailbox server.
Remove-EdgeSubscription <edge transport server name>
When you remove an Edge Subscription from the Exchange organization:
- Synchronization of information from Active Directory to AD LDS stops.
- The ESRA accounts are removed from both Active Directory and AD LDS.
- The Edge Transport server is removed from the SourceTransportServers property of any Send connector.
- The automatic inbound Send connector from the Edge Transport server to the Exchange organization is removed from AD LDS.
To install a new edge transport server, below are the general steps:
- Install the Edge Transport server role.
- Verify that the Mailbox servers and the Edge Transport server can locate one another using DNS name resolution.
- On the Mailbox Server, configure the objects and settings to be replicated to the Edge Transport server.
- On the Edge Transport server, create and export an Edge Subscription file.
- Copy the Edge Subscription file to a Mailbox server or a file share that's accessible from the Active Directory site containing your Mailbox servers.
- Import the Edge Subscription file to the Active Directory site.
Here are two links which may be helpful:
How to install Edge Transport server role: Install the Exchange 2013 Edge Transport role using the Setup wizard
Edge Subscriptions introduction: Edge Subscriptions
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.