Thank you for your post!
Based off your issue, I found a related thread and an internal support request with some additional troubleshooting steps that might help resolve your issue. However, if these steps don't work, I'd definitely recommend creating an Azure Support Request so our Support Engineers can assist you in getting your Azure AD tenant deleted.
Can't delete our old tenant
- Run Windows PowerShell ISE as Administrator
- Run the command Install-Module MSOnline (You may skip this command if you already have Msol module installed on your machine)
- Run the command Connect-Msolservice and enter the credential of your Global Admin account (eg. User: admin@[organization].onMicrosoft.com + password)
- Run the command Get-MsolServicePrincipal | Select Displayname
- Run the command Get-MsolServicePrincipal | Remove-MsolServicePrincipal
- Please kindly ignore the errors as there will be some build-in Microsoft Apps cannot be deleted.
- Log in back to your Azure tenant, and try one more time to delete it.
Enterprise Applications should now have a green check mark and you should be able to go through the delete process.
Create a Support Request to delete Tenant:
If the above steps don't resolve your issue, you can create an Azure Technical Support Request by navigating to your
Azure Active Directory -> New Support Request
I hope this helps!
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Thank you for your time and patience throughout this issue.
Please remember to "Accept Answer" if any answer/reply helped, so that others in the community facing similar issues can easily find the solution.