Windows Update error 80072EFE and 8024a000 on Windows Server 2012 R2
Last week I had to restore my file server OS, which was Windows Server 2012 R2. Now that I have all of my Dell drivers installed, I am trying to install the Windows Updates, and I am getting the following Windows Update errors 80072EFE and 8023a000. I have tried the following:
- Change the User Account Control settings
- Disable the firewall setting and disabled my Symantec client
- Check that TS 1.1 and 1.2 are enabled
- Manual force the update from the command prompt
- Executed the net stop / start WUAUSERV command
- Removed the Catroot2 and SoftwareDistribution folders and registered the DLL's (regsvr32)
- Ran the SFC /Scanow command
Nothing. I am still receiving the same results with the error message. If anyone can assist me that would be Awsome. Connectivity is not a problem, forgot to mention that above.
Thanks in advance.