As it says on the title, I have a local AD with domainname.local setup where I added UPN suffix domainname.net and verified it with Azure AD (actually with Office 365, but it shows up in azure AD just fine). I even set this domain as the default.
But when I try with Azure AD connect to sync, this domain name shows up as not added (not even not verified, but not added).
Couple of things,
- I have previously synced without the new domain name (and all the users showed up as email@example.com and are still there in Azure AD
- I have added UPN suffix to the local ad but have not changed the local users to use the new suffix.
- I am certain I am using a proper global administrator to manage the Azure AD and the same is used in Azure AD connect.
- I am on the trial period of Office 365 (if this has anything to do with it) , but if this does not work, I am afraid I will have to abandon (the onmicrosoft.com shenanigans is a no go for my boss)
- I am aware the same question has been asked, but the reply seems to be send me your details and I will figure in the background, which I found to be excellent support, but really not an answer.