Welcome to our Microsoft Q&A platform!
When you run the app on your device , it use the Developer Provisioning Profile. However, the Distribution Profile is necessary when you try to archive the app. If you have created the Distribution Profile, you could check if there is anything wrong. The App ID of the profile must be consistent with the Bundle Identifier of
If you haven't created one, you could refer to the following steps:
- In the Apple Developer Center browse to the Certificate, Identifiers and Profiles section. Select App IDs under Identifiers.
- Click the + button and provide a Name which will identify it in the Portal.
- [Important] The App prefix should be already set as your Team ID, and cannot be changed. Select either an Explicit or Wildcard App ID, and enter a Bundle ID in a reverse DNS format like: Explicit (
com.[DomainName].[AppName], you could fill in your Bundle Identifier of
info.plist) or Wildcard (
- Select any Capabilities and App Services that your app requires. If not, you could choose none of them.
- Click the Continue button to create the new App ID.
After completing the above steps, you have created a App ID, and then you can create a new distribution profile for this one.
- Return to Certificate, Identifiers and Profiles and select Profiles.
- Click the + button and select the type of Distribution ** that you want to create as **App Store
- Click the Continue button and select the new App ID from the dropdown list that you want to create a Distribution Profile for
- Click the Continue button and select the certificate required to sign the application.(This cer must be in your Keychain in the Mac )
- Click the Continue button and enter a Name for this Distribution Profile
Then, you could download this profile and double click it to install into your Mac . Then you could re-open VS and Archive again.
Last but not least, if you want to upload the ipa to AppStore. You may get this " Unable to validate archive " error message, this is a publish issue. You could try to download Apple Transporter in App Store in your Mac, and upload the ipa by Apple Transporter
(click " Archive for Publishing" , click " Sign and Distribute" button, select " App Store" =>" Upload" =>" Next"=>" AppStore Connect information"=>" Publish", it will export an ipa file, the error message will be displayed later )
For more information, you can refer to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/deploy-test/app-distribution/app-store-distribution/?tabs=macos
If the answer is the right solution, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.