The message "System error 53 has occurred. "The network path was not found" is a common native message of Microsoft Windows Operating System and is not directly related to Pointdev software.
To troubleshoot the issue, you could check:
- Check that you can ping with the CMD prompt
- check if you "ping" the remote machine by using its full name
- Check on the local computer and on the remote host
- Check also in the network center that the network discovery and file sharing is turned on. Ensure also that the remote registry service (execute services.msc) is enabled and started (by default this service is not started)
- Make sure the remote host is visible from the Windows network neighborhood
- Ensure that File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks is enabled on the remote host
- Please check also that the NetBIOS protocol is enabled in the network card properties of the remote host
- Ensure that you can access from your computer the administrative shares of the remote host
For more information, you could refer to:
Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.