PIM / AADP2 Admin Accounts

Chloe Chapman 1 Reputation point

Good Morning, I've got some detailed info on what requires an AADP2 license here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/privileged-identity-management/subscription-requirements
However, please could I confirm if the user has an M365 E5 license assigned to them on their working account if they need a separate AADP2 license for their admin account as well, or would they be covered by the "per user" license for their other log-in?

Microsoft Entra ID
Microsoft Entra ID
A Microsoft Entra identity service that provides identity management and access control capabilities. Replaces Azure Active Directory.
19,794 questions
{count} votes

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Vasil Michev 96,836 Reputation points MVP

    They don't need a separate license, as M365 E5 already contains the required one. If you are using the O365 E5 one or any of the "lower" O365/M365 bundles though, you will need an Azure AD P2 or equivalent license assigned.