URGENT: Giving permissions to a contractor to fix SSL cert expiration

Edde 1 Reputation point

What permissions do I need to give to a contractor so they can fix this for me?

I'm not technical at all and when I type cert into the search bar of roles nothing intuitive shows.


Azure App Service
Azure App Service
Azure App Service is a service used to create and deploy scalable, mission-critical web apps.
7,141 questions
Microsoft Entra ID
Microsoft Entra ID
A Microsoft Entra identity service that provides identity management and access control capabilities. Replaces Azure Active Directory.
20,078 questions
0 comments No comments
{count} votes

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ryan Hill 26,771 Reputation points Microsoft Employee

    Hi @Edde ,

    Granting the Website Contributor built-in role to the user on the resource itself should be sufficient. First you would either create or invite the user into your AD tenant if haven't done so already.


    Next add the user at resource level or at the resource group the resource is sitting in, completely your digression.


    If you're using Azure AD Premium P1 or P2 license, you can also create a custom role similar to AAD built-in roles specifically for external contractors.

    0 comments No comments