Task can't be completed because RDS is currently busy
I have an issue with RDP (accessible only via a VPN). Lately, I have been locking down our environment and applied Windows Firewall policies for Private, Public and Domain.
I came across this bluescreen error after applying Domain Firewall policies.
"The task you are trying to do can't be completed because Remote Desktop Services is currently busy. Please try again in a few minutes. Other users should still be able to log on"
- RDS server is Windows Server 2016 - patched to latest updates
- Checked Event Logs in Microsoft>Windows>Remote Desktop and there was nothing related
- Server is allocated 8GB of RAM. Only 2GB-3GB is used
- Windows Domain Firewall policies are default policies (double checked that port 3389 is allowed)
- It locks everyone out, even administrator.
- GPresults show that RDS does not limit connections (GPO is not set therefore default is unlimited connections).
Everything is back to normal once I turn off Domain Firewall.
When I read articles over Google, it seems none of the fixes had something to do with Windows Firewall.
Sign in to comment