@Carol M. Chisholm Thanks for posting in our Q&A.
To clarify this issue, we appreciate your help to collect some information:
- Which enrollment method did you use to enroll these iPads？The enrollment methods are listed in the following article:
- Please try to sync the device and check if the ownership is changed.
- Please check if the management profile exists in Settings > General > Device Management in the iPad.
- If possible, please check if there is any enrollment failure message under Troubleshooting + support > select the user you used to enroll iPads > Enrollment failures in intune portal.
- Based on my research, corporate device identifiers will affect the ownership. If you import multiple IMEI numbers for a device, uninventoried numbers display Unknown for enrollment status. For more details, please read the following article:
Please check if there is any corporate identifiers created in intune portal.
If there is anything update, feel free to let us know.
If the answer is the right solution, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.