How to link Azure AD to Microsoft 365 family
I am trying to set up a Synology backup of my MS 365 account. To do so they have a powershell script that sets up permissions with the account. When running the script I see
Get-AzureADUser : Error occurred while executing GetUser
Message: User was not found.
I am completely new to Azure and signed up for a free account in the hopes creating an authentication but I am lost. There is one user with the admin@Piepel .onmicrosft.com with my email for contact. The issuer: microsoft account with the same email.
1) How do I add my hotmail ID (simply add myself as a user? - didn't want to mess up my current account)
2) There are no apps in "registered apps" how do I connect MS 365 so this script can generate the applcation ID
Any help would be appreciated.
@Carl K When you say synology backup of your Microsoft 365 account , Do you mean Onedrive data backup to your synology ? As far as I know synlology is used for data backup . Let me know if my understanding is correct and I will continue to help you .
@ShashiShailaj-MSFT Synology actually has both now. I have the Onedrive backup but wanted to add the Microsoft 365 backup (New tool) which provides versions (or ability to undelete emails, contacts, events, etc.. from the past). The key to this is the Azure authentication/user. The Synology Powershell script generates a Tenant ID, Application ID and certificate file (pfx) that gets inputted into the Synology app so that it can sync Mail, Contacts, and Calendar in addition to Onedrive.
I read that Azure AD is available for all Microsoft 365 subscriptions (not just business) but I can't locate a tenant ID or any Azure information from my Family 365 subscription page.
1) Is that why I do not see that 365 subscription as an available application on my Azure portal?
2) As far as I can figure out creating a standard user will not allow me to add my hotmail account. Does creating a B2C user solve this? Or an invitation as guest user?
3) If a B2C/ guest user allows my hotmail account to be added how do I add/link that to my 365 subscription which is under the hotmail account?
Thanks for any help!
@ShashiShailaj-MSFT I tried to go in through the dashboard of my newly created free Azure account and added a new application selecting "Personal Microsoft Accounts" under Supported account types but I don't see how to link this to Office and again the username is the xx.onmicrosft.com type and I don't know how to get my hotmail account for a user name.
Thanks again for any input.
Sign in to comment