Hi @Gordian Code ,
Actually, this error "The selected data extension ORACLE is not installed or cannot be loaded. Verify that the selected data extension is installed on the client for local reports and on the report server for published reports." usually occurs in the following cases:
- You didn't install Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) with Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio and ODP.NET.
- You have already installed an incorrect ODAC version that doesn't match the correct Oracle Database Version.
Install the appropriate version for "ODAC, ODP.NET and Oracle Developer Tools" based on your Oracle database server.
- ODAC 18.3 (Oracle 11g Release 2 or later)
- ODAC 12.2 (Oracle 10g Release 2 or later)
- ODAC 11.2 (Oracle 9i Release 2 or later)
See more: SSRS: The selected data extension ORACLE is not installed or cannot be loaded.
For cases where dataset fields cannot be refreshed, you can run the query directly in the Oracle database to check that the query is correct. And try refrefreshing the dataset fields by following this link: https://www.sqlchick.com/entries/2012/2/6/workaround-for-could-not-update-a-list-of-fields-for-the -que.html
If the answer is the right solution, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.