Visual Studio - SSAS tabular - long time of implementing changes in model locally
I have an issue with locally stored SSAS tabular model in Visual Studio (let's name it Model_2 for purpose of convenience). Any change in code (change of metric description or definition) takes at least 2 minutes to calculate and when creating calculated table it takes >4 minutes.
- Compatibility level 1200, Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Version 16.11.17 x32 bits (latest version of VS 2019)
- Integrated Workspace Mode = True
- What's important that once tabular is deployed, it's performance is satisfying. Only locally, when using model stored in a Disk Space it is causing an issue.
- Other people within organisation has the same issue when using this code version.
- Model is 1.9GB which is not a lot in comparison to other projects we run with no issue
- One of previous version of code (Model_1), which is working smoothly, does not contain one additional data source and 4 tables from this data source. It also does not contain metrics
folders and descriptions for metrics/tables/columns. After removing data source and tables from latest version (Model_2) models' performance didn't improve, which may indicate that these
additional tables are not cause of this issue.
- Deleting workspace file "model_bim_<username>.settings" helped but only for couple of changes.
- Copying model.bim from Model_2 to Model_1 caused the same issue which may indicate that model.bim contains some bugs, but as I compared it in Tabular Comparison tool I didn't spot
any other diffrence than described in point 6.
Do you have any idea what should I check in order to fix it?
Thanks in advance!
Hi @Piotr Rybinski ,
I believe there must be something newly added(in Model_1) which cause this issue. Can you find any other differences between Model_1 and Model_2 project? Maybe configuration differences, cache files/folders differences and
model.bimfile differences? I know you have checked this, but your description and test exactly indicates that the key is hidden in the differences. Besides, does versioning software has modified information recorded?
Sign in to comment