One of my client has same kind of request. To fulfil his request, I followed below solution -
- Deployed 1st RDS server. Configured CAL & the required group policies on it.
- Installed RDS role on 2nd server. In group policy navigate to Computer Configuration >>Policies >> Administrative Templates >>Windows Components >>Remote Desktop Services >>Remote Desktop Session Host >>Licensing
- Double click Use the specified Remote Desktop license servers, set it to Enabled and enter the IP of 1st server.
- Follow the same process for 3rd server.
- All the users are provided with the IP of first server only.
In my case, it worked perfectly fine. Earlier I tried to create failover cluster for it but didn't find suitable role which can be added in cluster. You can follow the same process & share your feedback.
Please mark this reply as Answer if it solves your query.