Based on your description, I'll analyze it from the error code: 0x00000002 and "cannot not add new drives to pool":
- You can repair the operation by resetting the failed disk, if there is important data on the disk that needs to be reset, it is best to back it up before resetting. The steps are as follows:
(1) Open PowerShell as an administrator and enter the following command:
Get some information about the physical disk: Get-PhysicalDisk | ft FriendlyName,SerialNumber,UniqueId -auto
(2) Reset the problematic disk via FriendlyName or UniqueId:
Reset-PhysicalDisk - FriendlyName xxx
Reset-PhysicalDisk -UniqueId xxx
(3) Restart the machine, and then try to attach the disk to the SP again.
- Restart the computer. There may be some background apps that are using the storage pool or disk you're trying to add. Therefore, it may prevent you from adding more drives to the storage pool or adding disks to the storage pool.
- You can also try attaching a disk in safe mode. Then try attaching the disk to the SP. The steps to turn on Safe Mode are as follows:
Do you have any further question? Please feel free to update.
It will be much appreciated and encouraged if you could click "Accept Answer" and upvote the helpful reply.