Accept an answer on Microsoft Q&A
Question authors can accept an answer to their question on Microsoft Q&A. Accepting an answer helps other users to know the answer helped the question author and might help them with same or similar problem.
- You need to be signed in Q&A.
- You need to be the question author.
- You can only accept one answer per question.
- You can only accept answers from other users, i.e., you cannot accept your own answer.
Accept an answer
Accepting an answer helps other community members to know the answer helped you. It is also a way to thank and recognize the person who helped you.
- Go to a question you asked AND that has answers.
- Review the answers and click the "Accept answer" button underneath the answer.
- The answer will be accepted and moved up after the question. The accepted answer has a green frame to visually indicate that it is the accepted answer as well as the "Accepted answer" label".
Remove an accepted answer
You can change your mind and decide that an answer did not help you solve your problem. In this case you can undo the accept answer action.
- Go to the question you asked that has the accepted answer.
- Click the "Accept answer" button underneath the accepted answer.
- You will see a dialog asking you if you want to remove the accepted answer.
- Click on "Yes" and the answer will no longer be accepted.
Change an accepted answer
You might get one or more answers after you accepted the answer. One of them might provide a better way to solve your problem. You can easily change the accepted answer by following these steps.
- Go to a question you asked that has the accepted answer AND has at least another answer.
- Click on the "Accept answer" button underneath the answer that you want to accept.
- You will see a dialog asking you if you change the accepted answer.
- Click on "Yes" and the answer and that answer now will be the accepted answer.
Help other community members by accepting answers on your questions.