Drafts on Microsoft Q&A
Microsoft Q&A includes a draft functionality that saves your in-progress thread (question, answer, or comment) every few seconds, as you work. Drafts help reduce the risk of data loss and allow you to return to continue your post later.
Q&A automatically saves a draft as you enter content into the editor for questions, answers, and comments. Under the editor, a message appears confirming that you have a draft saved and when, as shown below.
- You need to be signed in Q&A.
- Drafts for editing content is not available.
- There is a limited number of drafts per user:
- 1 per question
- 1 answer per question
- 1 comment per question
- 1 comment per answer
- Q&A clears drafts after 30 days after last save and you cannot recover them beyond this point.
- You can remove a draft by
- Deleting the content from the editor when accessing the draft;
- Clearing browser storage; or
- By posting the content on Q&A.
- There are not drafts for content while editing it.
Access your questions drafts
- Go to the "Ask a question" page.
- A modal will appear asking you to either open the saved draft or discard the draft and begin asking a new question.
Access your answer drafts
- Go to the question thread where you created the answer draft. Your content will automatically populate in the editor when you return to any question thread with a saved draft.
- To continue the draft, just keep adding your content in the editor as usual.