Moderating on Microsoft Q&A
A Microsoft Q&A moderator assists with the day-to-day affairs of the community. The effectiveness of the moderation directly impacts the quality of the community in general, its usefulness as a Q&A site, and the customer satisfaction rate.
Moderators are also responsible for maintaining the integrity of the site. This includes ensuring that questions and answers are posted with the correct information, helping to protect customer privacy, and managing violations to the Code of Conduct.
As product experts, Microsoft Q&A moderators assist customers by answering questions and helping customers to post better questions and answers. See How to write a quality answer for more information.
See the following articles for more information:
- Adding and removing tags within a thread
- Editing content
- Redirecting a question
- Closing a question
- Locking comments on a question or an answer
- Converting an answer to a comment
- Converting a comment to an answer
- Answering questions about products no supported in Microsoft Q&A
- Deleting content
- Initiating a private conversation - Microsoft moderators only
- Adding a tag icon - Microsoft moderators only
- Making a question sticky - Microsoft moderators only
- Suspending a user - Microsoft moderators only
- Spam management
Thank you for being a moderator on Microsoft Q&A!