What is Q&A Assist?
Q&A Assist is an AI-enhanced experience in Microsoft Q&A that helps you get an answer to your questions faster. Q&A Assist can optimize your time and resources and potentially provide an instant solution. Type your question to get preliminary answers or suggestions to improve your question.
What can Q&A Assist do?
Once you type your initial question, use the available options to find similar questions already asked in Microsoft Learn or to get an answer with references from Microsoft Learn documentation. If you cannot get an answer, use the additional options to get suggestions to refine your question, or get an alternate version of your question. Improving your question will help getting answers from experts faster.
What are Q&A Assist intended uses?
Q&A Assist is intended when you are asking a question in Q&A.
- "Find similar questions" recommends one or more existing questions that are semantically similar to your draft question. These questions may already have answers that are likely to be helpful in addressing your issue, thus removing the need to post a new question and waiting to receive a response from the community.
- "Answer my question" generates helpful and accurate answers to your technical questions about Microsoft technologies and helps address your issue more quickly than just posting the question to the community. The system will reference existing Learn documentation to generate relevant, accurate, and up-to-date responses that are grounded in that data.
- "Get question feedback" helps you write better questions by providing helpful feedback to improve clarity, quality, and completeness of your question based on How to write a quality question guide before submitting it to the platform. High quality questions receive better, more complete answers more quickly with less back-and-forth required to clarify and disambiguate your issue.
- "Rewrite for me" helps you to rewrite your question for better readability and structure before submitting it to the platform. High quality questions receive better, more complete answers more quickly with less back-and-forth required to clarify and disambiguate your issue.
What are the limitations of Q&A Assist?
Q&A Assist has limitations, which include:
- Degraded accuracy when questions are not in English.
- Limited number of times Q&A Assist might generate an output on a session.
- When looking for similar questions, Q&A Assist doesn't look for matches within your code or images.
- Q&A Assist may not make recommendations for issues on new topics, for which there are only a few similar questions already available on Q&A or limited documentation in Learn.
- Q&A Assist may recommend old or outdated questions if they're similar to your draft question.
You should exercise caution and avoid sharing confidential or sensitive information. It is important to exercise judgment and review suggestions to ensure the generated answer solves the intended problem.
How do I get the most of Q&A Assist?
Q&A Assist works best when you ask a question at a time and the question contains relevant information. If you cannot get a satisfactory answer from Q&A Assist, try to add more information to it by using the "Get question feedback" or write it in a different way with the help of the "Rewrite for me" option.
Will Q&A Assist work as well on languages other than English?
Given the training data is in English, Q&A Assist will likely work less well in scenarios where questions are not in English. Therefore, non-English speakers might experience a lower quality of service.