The Rise of Enterprise Social Networks by @markfidelman
The following white paper was released this week and available for download from Microsoft: The Rise of Enterprise Social Networks. This 26 pages whitepaper from Mark Fidelman is a good read to help you help understand the business value of Enterprise Social and how to get started :
Social technologies, combined with data analysis and mobile technologies are significantly enhancing an organization’s ability to be responsive to market changes and will enable employees to work on the tasks that most benefit the company at any given point in time. In the near future, companies utilizing enterprise social software will be able to spot trends, provide information to thier employees in context, and leverage the wisdom of the organization to rapidly complete tasks and surface previously hidden pockets of valuable information.
- Welcome to the Enterprise Social Revolution
- You Need a Digital Village
- The Evolution of Enterprise Collaboration
- The Business Value of Enterprise Social
- The Four Building Blocks for a Successful ESN Building
- Mapping the Strategy for the Rest of the Business
- Success initiatives for enterprise social companies
- Why Microsoft is Best Positioned in the Space
- Tying it all together
- Action items & Questions to ask your organization
I have also read this book from Mark Fidelman which I also recommend: Socialized! How the Most Successful Businesses Harness the Power of Social (Social Century Series).