Power Tools Download Link
They are here!
- Dependency Viewer
- Move Schema
- Expand Wildcard
- Fully Quality Name
- Refactor in to strongly typed DataSet definitions
- Refactor Command Generator
- Data Generation
- Sequential Data Bound Generator
- Editors for the Data Bound Generator, Sequential Data Bound Generator and RegEx String Generator to make configuration easier
- The RegEx editor also tries to interpret your CHECK CONSTRAINTs and create a matching RegEx expression that you can use to generate data values that match the constraint definition
- The RegEx editor can also be used for interactively defining and testing RegEx expressions and evaluate the output visually, which makes it a lot easier to create the right RegEx expression for your value domain.
- MSBuild Tasks
- SqlSchemaCompareTask; allows you to compare schemas between two database from the command line using MSBuild.
- SqlDataCompareTask; allows you to compare the content of tables within two databases from the command line using MSBuild.
- T-SQL Static Code Analysis
- Miscellaneous tools
- SQL script pre-processor command-line utility, which will expand all SQLCMD includes and variable definitions (sqlspp.exe)
- Schema Manager API
See https://blogs.msdn.com/gertd/archive/2007/08/07/it-is-august-6th.aspx for a more detailed explanation.
The Visual Studio Team Edition for Database Professionals first Power Tools release can be downloaded from the following location:
Power Tools download: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=88852
The Power Tools require that you have Service Release 1 installed, which you can download from the following location:
Service Release 1 download: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=88853
I will be offline for 3 weeks and I will pick up the blogging pace with lots of new posts when I am back after Labor day.