How to do OU based Filtering in Office 365 ?
In this type of filtering we can filter an OU from being synced to the cloud.
Once you install Dirsync the miisclient.exe will be present in
From your DirSync Server navigate to <Drive>\Program Files\Windows Azure Active Directory Sync\SYNCBUS\Synchronization Service\UIShell
Miisclient is known as "Synchronization Service Manger on Dirsync"
- Open MIISClient
- Click on Management Agents
- Double click on Active Directory Connector
- Click on Configure Directory Partitions
- Make sure the correct Domain is selected at top
- Click on Containers as indicated below
- In the prompt, enter domain credentials for your on-premises domain and then click OK
- Select OU's that you do not want to Sync and uncheck the check box next to it
- Click Advanced and modify if required and Click OK
- Right click on Management Agents
- Select Run
- Select Full Import Full Sync as indicated below to do OU filtering
Once done check the results at the bottom left where it says Export Statistics to see the updates