Enabling logs for RRAS
Failures for RAS connections can be debugged using RAS logs.
- To enable RAS logs run command “netsh ras set tracing * enabled”
- Now run the scenario that is failing.
- Now flush the RAS logs by “netsh ras set tracing * disabled” command.
- Check the logs at %windir%tracing directory.
- Some of the files where you can look to debug the problem are –
- Also see the “Event viewer” and find the events created by “RemoteAccess” to troubleshoot the issue.
- Error code related to RRAS are listed at https://support.microsoft.com/kb/q163111/
- Help can also be searched at https://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
Software Design Engineer/Test
Windows Networking Group
[This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.]