Announcing SQL Server Management Studio - January 2016 Release
Today, we are happy to announce the latest preview of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). This release includes all updates included in last year’s December release, and features numerous bug fixes in Always Encrypted dialogs, Extended Events sessions, and many more.
Get it here: Download SSMS January 2016 Preview
- The version number for the latest preview is 13.0.1000.281
New in this release
- Bug fix in SSMS to allow the deletion of Extended Events (XEvent) sessions.
- Fix for Microsoft Connect bug #1609719: to open properties dialog for a SQL Server 2014 availability group.
- Fix for Microsoft Connect bug #2029135: to enable the ability to add an Azure replica to an Availability Group.
- Fix for Microsoft Connect bug #2080209: to open properties dialog for SQL Server 2014 databases.
- Fix for Microsoft Connect bug #2103116: to remove duplicate columns that appear for each table when connected to an Azure SQL database.
Please visit the SSMS download page for additional details including Microsoft connect IDs for issues that were fixed.
- Distributed replay is known to not work with the SSMS January 2016 release. We are working on a fix for this issue which will be available in the next SSMS release.
The full list of known issues is available in Release notes available here.
If you have any questions or feedback, please visit our forum or Microsoft Connect page. We are fully committed to improve the SSMS experience and look forward to hearing from you!