Network HUD overview
Applies to: Azure Stack HCI, versions 22H2 and 21H2
Network HUD enables visibility across the network, simplifying operational network diagnostics. It performs real-time analysis of network issues and provides prescriptive alerts or auto-remediation of the issue when possible. These capabilities can increase stability and optimize network performance for workloads running on Azure Stack HCI.
About Network HUD
Diagnosing network issues poses a significant challenge as administrators don't have visibility across the complete solution. The solution can be divided into several areas:
- Physical Network Switch (ToR), cabling, and NIC
- Cluster hosts: The HCI OS is installed here.
- Guest workloads (VMs or containers)
Network HUD can help:
- Identify misconfiguration on the physical network.
- Identify operational issues with physical hardware (NICs, cabling, physical switch).
- Identify and optimize your configuration for increased performance.
- Auto-remediate some host issues to increase stability and performance.
Network HUD integrates with existing technologies you're already using, like:
Network ATC: Network HUD understands the intent of your adapters, ensuring the adapters are operating as expected.
Cluster Health: Events from Network HUD are integrated with Cluster Health to ensure your existing tools continue to work. No other dashboards or alerting mechanisms are required.
Network HUD: An inbox feature that analyzes and remediates network issues.
Network HUD Content: Content that enables Network HUD to perform its analysis. This content is downloaded separately, can run in a disconnected state, and is easily updated. It's important that this content is updated regularly.
Network HUD Content Detection: Content detections watch for system and network behavior that indicates an issue is or will occur on your system. These detections are included in the Network HUD Content.
Installation of Network HUD requires two steps:
Install Network HUD:
Install-WindowsFeature -Name NetworkHUD
Install Network HUD Content:
Install-Module -Name Az.StackHCI.NetworkHUD -Force
- Review Network ATC defaults and example deployment options. See Deploy host networking with Network ATC.