Tutorial: Azure Active Directory single sign-on (SSO) integration with Beautiful.ai
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Beautiful.ai with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate Beautiful.ai with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to Beautiful.ai.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Beautiful.ai with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To get started, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- Beautiful.ai single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD SSO in a test environment.
- Beautiful.ai supports SP and IDP initiated SSO
- Beautiful.ai supports Just In Time user provisioning
Adding Beautiful.ai from the gallery
To configure the integration of Beautiful.ai into Azure AD, you need to add Beautiful.ai from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type Beautiful.ai in the search box.
- Select Beautiful.ai from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Azure AD SSO for Beautiful.ai
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with Beautiful.ai using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in Beautiful.ai.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with Beautiful.ai, perform the following steps:
- Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure Beautiful.ai SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create Beautiful.ai test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Beautiful.ai that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the Beautiful.ai application integration page, find the Manage section and select single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, the user does not have to perform any step as the app is already pre-integrated with Azure.
Click Set additional URLs and perform the following step if you wish to configure the application in SP initiated mode:
In the Sign-on URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, In the SAML Signing Certificate section, click copy button to copy App Federation Metadata Url and save it on your computer.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to Beautiful.ai.
- In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
- In the applications list, select Beautiful.ai.
- In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
- Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
- In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are expecting a role to be assigned to the users, you can select it from the Select a role dropdown. If no role has been set up for this app, you see "Default Access" role selected.
- In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure Beautiful.ai SSO
To configure single sign-on on Beautiful.ai side, you need to send the App Federation Metadata Url to Beautiful.ai support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create Beautiful.ai test user
In this section, a user called Britta Simon is created in Beautiful.ai. Beautiful.ai supports just-in-time user provisioning, which is enabled by default. There is no action item for you in this section. If a user doesn't already exist in Beautiful.ai, a new one is created after authentication.
In this section, you test your Azure AD single sign-on configuration with following options.
Click on Test this application in Azure portal. This will redirect to Beautiful.ai Sign on URL where you can initiate the login flow.
Go to Beautiful.ai Sign-on URL directly and initiate the login flow from there.
- Click on Test this application in Azure portal and you should be automatically signed in to the Beautiful.ai for which you set up the SSO
You can also use Microsoft Access Panel to test the application in any mode. When you click the Beautiful.ai tile in the Access Panel, if configured in SP mode you would be redirected to the application sign on page for initiating the login flow and if configured in IDP mode, you should be automatically signed in to the Beautiful.ai for which you set up the SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.
Once you configure Beautiful.ai you can enforce session control, which protects exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real time. Session control extends from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.