Tutorial: Azure Active Directory single sign-on (SSO) integration with Draup, Inc
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Draup, Inc with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate Draup, Inc with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to Draup, Inc.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Draup, Inc with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To get started, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- Draup, Inc single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD SSO in a test environment.
- Draup, Inc supports SP initiated SSO.
- Draup, Inc supports Just In Time user provisioning.
Add Draup, Inc from the gallery
To configure the integration of Draup, Inc into Azure AD, you need to add Draup, Inc from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type Draup, Inc in the search box.
- Select Draup, Inc from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Azure AD SSO for Draup, Inc
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with Draup, Inc using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in Draup, Inc.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with Draup, Inc, perform the following steps:
- Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Create an Azure AD test user - to test Azure AD single sign-on with B.Simon.
- Assign the Azure AD test user - to enable B.Simon to use Azure AD single sign-on.
- Configure Draup, Inc SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create Draup, Inc test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Draup, Inc that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the Draup, Inc application integration page, find the Manage section and select single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the pencil icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration page, enter the values for the following fields:
In the Sign-on URL text box, type the URL:
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Certificate (Raw) and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up Draup, Inc section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the email@example.com. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to Draup, Inc.
- In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
- In the applications list, select Draup, Inc.
- In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
- Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
- In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are expecting a role to be assigned to the users, you can select it from the Select a role dropdown. If no role has been set up for this app, you see "Default Access" role selected.
- In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure Draup, Inc SSO
To configure single sign-on on Draup, Inc side, you need to send the downloaded Certificate (Raw) and appropriate copied URLs from Azure portal to Draup, Inc support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create Draup, Inc test user
In this section, a user called B.Simon is created in Draup, Inc. Draup, Inc supports just-in-time provisioning, which is enabled by default. There is no action item for you in this section. If a user doesn't already exist in Draup, Inc, a new one is created when you attempt to access Draup, Inc.
In this section, you test your Azure AD single sign-on configuration with following options.
Click on Test this application in Azure portal. This will redirect to Draup, Inc Sign-on URL where you can initiate the login flow.
Go to Draup, Inc Sign-on URL directly and initiate the login flow from there.
You can use Microsoft My Apps. When you click the Draup, Inc tile in the My Apps, this will redirect to Draup, Inc Sign-on URL. For more information about the My Apps, see Introduction to the My Apps.
Once you configure Draup, Inc you can enforce session control, which protects exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real time. Session control extends from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.
Submit and view feedback for