Tutorial: Azure Active Directory single sign-on (SSO) integration with Hirebridge ATS
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Hirebridge ATS with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate Hirebridge ATS with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to Hirebridge ATS.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Hirebridge ATS with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To get started, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- Hirebridge ATS single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD SSO in a test environment.
- Hirebridge ATS supports IDP initiated SSO
Adding Hirebridge ATS from the gallery
To configure the integration of Hirebridge ATS into Azure AD, you need to add Hirebridge ATS from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type Hirebridge ATS in the search box.
- Select Hirebridge ATS from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Azure AD SSO for Hirebridge ATS
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with Hirebridge ATS using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in Hirebridge ATS.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with Hirebridge ATS, perform the following steps:
- Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure Hirebridge ATS SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create Hirebridge ATS test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Hirebridge ATS that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the Hirebridge ATS application integration page, find the Manage section and select single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, the application is pre-configured and the necessary URLs are already pre-populated with Azure. The user needs to save the configuration by clicking the Save button.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Certificate (Base64) and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up Hirebridge ATS section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the email@example.com. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to Hirebridge ATS.
- In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
- In the applications list, select Hirebridge ATS.
- In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
- Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
- In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are expecting a role to be assigned to the users, you can select it from the Select a role dropdown. If no role has been set up for this app, you see "Default Access" role selected.
- In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure Hirebridge ATS SSO
To configure single sign-on on Hirebridge ATS side, you need to send the downloaded Certificate (Base64) and appropriate copied URLs from Azure portal to Hirebridge ATS support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create Hirebridge ATS test user
In this section, you create a user called Britta Simon in Hirebridge ATS. Work with Hirebridge ATS support team to add the users in the Hirebridge ATS platform. Users must be created and activated before you use single sign-on.
In this section, you test your Azure AD single sign-on configuration with following options.
Click on Test this application in Azure portal and you should be automatically signed in to the Hirebridge ATS for which you set up the SSO
You can use Microsoft Access Panel. When you click the Hirebridge ATS tile in the Access Panel, you should be automatically signed in to the Hirebridge ATS for which you set up the SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.
Once you configure Hirebridge ATS you can enforce session control, which protects exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real time. Session control extends from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.