Tutorial: Microsoft Entra SSO integration with Raketa
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Raketa with Microsoft Entra ID. When you integrate Raketa with Microsoft Entra ID, you can:
- Control in Microsoft Entra ID who has access to Raketa.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Raketa with their Microsoft Entra accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location.
To get started, you need the following items:
- A Microsoft Entra subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- Raketa single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO in a test environment.
- Raketa supports SP initiated SSO.
Identifier of this application is a fixed string value so only one instance can be configured in one tenant.
Add Raketa from the gallery
To configure the integration of Raketa into Microsoft Entra ID, you need to add Raketa from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > New application.
In the Add from the gallery  section, type Raketa in the search box .
Select Raketa from results panel  and then click on Add button .
Configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO for Raketa
Configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with Raketa using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between a Microsoft Entra user and the related user in Raketa.
To configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with Raketa, perform the following steps:
- Configure Microsoft Entra SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure Raketa SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create Raketa test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Raketa that is linked to the Microsoft Entra representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Microsoft Entra SSO
Follow these steps to enable Microsoft Entra SSO.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > Raketa application integration page, find the Manage section and select single sign-on .
On the Select a single sign-on method page , select SAML .
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the pencil icon for Basic SAML Configuration  to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, perform the following steps:
In the Identifier (Entity ID)  and Sign on URL  text boxes, type the URL:
In the Reply URL text box , type a URL using the following pattern:
The Reply URL value is not real. Update the value with the actual Reply URL. Contact Raketa Client support team to get the value. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Certificate (Base64) and select Download  to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up Raketa section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Login URL  – The authorization web-page URL, which is used to redirect the users to the authentication system.
Microsoft Entra Identifier  – Microsoft Entra Identifier.
Logout URL  – The web-page URL, which is used to redirect the users after logout.
Create a Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll create a test user called B.Simon.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a User Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Users > All users.
- Select New user > Create new user, at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Display name field, enter
- In the User principal name field, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Select Review + create.
- In the Display name field, enter
- Select Create.
Assign the Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use single sign-on by granting access to Raketa.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > Raketa .
In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups .
Select Add user , then select Users and groups  in the Add Assignment dialog.
In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon  from the Users list, then click the Select  button at the bottom of the screen.
If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button .
Configure Raketa SSO
To configure single sign-on on Raketa side, you need to send the downloaded Certificate (Base64) and appropriate copied URLs from the application configuration to Raketa support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create Raketa test user
In this section, you create a user called B.Simon in Raketa. Work with Raketa support team to add the users in the Raketa platform. Users must be created and activated before you use single sign-on.
In this section, you test your Microsoft Entra single sign-on configuration with following options.
Click on Test this application, this will redirect to Raketa Sign-on URL where you can initiate the login flow.
Go to Raketa Sign-on URL directly and initiate the login flow from there.
You can use Microsoft My Apps. When you click the Raketa tile in the My Apps, this will redirect to Raketa Sign-on URL. For more information, see Microsoft Entra My Apps.
Once you configure Raketa you can enforce session control, which protects exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real time. Session control extends from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Cloud App Security.