Tutorial: Azure AD SSO integration with UKG Pro
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate UKG Pro with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate UKG Pro with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to UKG Pro.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to UKG Pro with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To get started, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- UKG Pro single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD SSO in a test environment.
- UKG Pro supports SP initiated SSO.
Adding UKG Pro from the gallery
To configure the integration of UKG Pro into Azure AD, you need to add UKG Pro from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type UKG Pro in the search box.
- Select UKG Pro from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Azure AD SSO for UKG Pro
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with UKG Pro using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in UKG Pro.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with UKG Pro, perform the following steps:
- Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure UKG Pro SSO - to configure the Single Sign-On settings on application side.
- Create UKG Pro test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in UKG Pro that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the UKG Pro application integration page, find the Manage section and select Single sign-on.
On the Select a Single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up Single Sign-On with SAML page, click the pencil icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, perform the following steps:
a. In the Sign-on URL textbox, type a URL using one of the following patterns:
b. In the Identifier textbox, type a URL using one of the following patterns:
c. In the Reply URL textbox, type a URL using one of the following patterns:
These values are not real. Update these values with the actual Sign-On URL, Identifier and Reply URL. Contact UKG Pro Client support team to get these values. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section in the Azure portal.
On the Set up Single Sign-On with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, click Download to download the Certificate (Base64) from the given options as per your requirement and save it on your computer.
On the Set up UKG Pro section, copy the appropriate URL(s) as per your requirement.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to UKG Pro.
- In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
- In the applications list, select UKG Pro.
- In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
- Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
- In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are expecting a role to be assigned to the users, you can select it from the Select a role dropdown. If no role has been set up for this app, you see "Default Access" role selected.
- In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure UKG Pro SSO
To configure single sign-on on UKG Pro side, you need to send the downloaded Certificate (Base64) and appropriate copied URLs from Azure portal to UKG Pro support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create UKG Pro test user
In this section, you create a user called Britta Simon in UKG Pro. Work with UKG Pro support team to add the users in the UKG Pro platform. Users must be created and activated before you use single sign-on.
In this section, you test your Azure AD single sign-on configuration with following options.
Click on Test this application in Azure portal. This will redirect to UKG Pro Sign-on URL where you can initiate the login flow.
Go to UKG Pro Sign-on URL directly and initiate the login flow from there.
You can use Microsoft My Apps. When you click the UKG Pro tile in the My Apps, this will redirect to UKG Pro Sign-on URL. For more information about the My Apps, see Introduction to the My Apps.
Once you configure the UKG Pro you can enforce session controls, which protects exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real time. Session controls extends from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.
Submit and view feedback for