Create a Form Recognizer resource
This article applies to: Form Recognizer v3.0. Form Recognizer v2.1.
Azure Form Recognizer is a cloud-based Azure Applied AI Service that uses machine-learning models to extract key-value pairs, text, and tables from your documents. Here, you'll learn how to create a Form Recognizer resource in the Azure portal.
Visit the Azure portal
The Azure portal is a single platform you can use to create and manage Azure services.
Let's get started:
Navigate to the Azure portal home page: Azure home page.
Select Create a resource from the Azure home page.
Search for and choose Form Recognizer from the search bar.
Select the Create button.
Create a resource
Next, you're going to fill out the Create Form Recognizer fields with the following values:
- Subscription. Select your current subscription.
- Resource group. The Azure resource group that will contain your resource. You can create a new group or add it to a pre-existing group.
- Region. Select your local region.
- Name. Enter a name for your resource. We recommend using a descriptive name, for example YourNameFormRecognizer.
- Pricing tier. The cost of your resource depends on the pricing tier you choose and your usage. For more information, see pricing details. You can use the free pricing tier (F0) to try the service, and upgrade later to a paid tier for production.
Select Review + Create.
Azure will run a quick validation check, after a few seconds you should see a green banner that says Validation Passed.
Once the validation banner appears, select the Create button from the bottom-left corner.
After you select create, you'll be redirected to a new page that says Deployment in progress. After a few seconds, you'll see a message that says, Your deployment is complete.
Get Endpoint URL and keys
Once you receive the deployment is complete message, select the Go to resource button.
Copy the key and endpoint values from your Form Recognizer resource paste them in a convenient location, such as Microsoft Notepad. You'll need the key and endpoint values to connect your application to the Form Recognizer API.
If your overview page doesn't have the keys and endpoint visible, you can select the Keys and Endpoint button, on the left navigation bar, and retrieve them there.
That's it! You're now ready to start automating data extraction using Azure Form Recognizer.
Try the Form Recognizer Studio, an online tool for visually exploring, understanding, and integrating features from the Form Recognizer service into your applications.
Complete a Form Recognizer quickstart and get started creating a document processing app in the development language of your choice:
Submit and view feedback for